SISTERS OF ST PETER CLAVER
The Sisters of St Peter Claver are a Religious Congregation of Pontifical Right dedicated to the service of the missionary Church.
In 1894, Blessed Mary Theresa Ledóchowska founded the Congregation in Salzburg, Austria. There are now 43 communities in 23 countries. Their specific apostolate seeks to awaken in the faithful a greater awareness of the missionary dimension of their baptismal calling to bring forth the reign of Jesus Christ in all hearts. Together with the laity they strive to meet the needs of the missionaries throughout the world. Their life of consecration, their prayer and work seeks to make the Good News of God’s saving love in Jesus Christ known and loved, for it is He alone who can free us from every slavery and dependence.
In February 1985, Srs Benigna and Lucille, established a Convent at 57 Motherwell Road, Dr Clark's old home.
The present community is Sister Monica, Sister Editta & Sister Stacey.